[audacity4blind] Noise removal difficulties

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:24:27 +0930

I recently went to the control panel to disable all enhancements for recording.
Now my voice is sounding more normal, but I have a horrendous continuous
background noise that I'm assuming is generated by the computer itself, even
though I'm using a microphone on my headset rather than the inbuilt one. I
tried the noise removal effect, but I was having trouble setting the
parameters. I'm considering trying the Notch filter, but that also sounds
rather fiddly and I don't want to muddle through the process and get frustrated
with it. I can't afford to get better hardware right now, so I could use any
tips you may have. I've tried turning off my electric fan (which is a constant
presence in my room), shutting my door and everything, but the hum is still
there and I don't know how to get rid of it without turning my voice right down
as well. I tried and then amplified it, but that just made the noise loud
again. *pouts*