[audacity4blind] Re: Noise removal difficulties

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 07:44:02 +0100

Hi Sharni!
To use Noise Removal you must first select a fraction of the track
containing only the noise you want to remove. Then call Noise Removal and
press g for Get Noise Profile. Only then should you select the whole track
and apply the effect. The first control, Noise Reduction dB, is the value by
which the target noise is reduced. Increasing that value may produce better
results up to a point.
Can you describe the noise you're getting? Is it a hum or a buzz or more of
a hiss? If it's a hum, try shutting everything down that's anywhere near
your computer. A phone or an amp or a badly insulated cable may produce a
hum. Sometimes it can also help to just use a different socket.

Good luck! Robbie