[audacity4blind] Re: Listening To Audio Device On PC Prior To Recording

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:25:52 -0600

Are you using Line-in in the Windows Volume control as the source for the recording? If so, open the Windows volume control, remain in the play settings part of the dialog, which is where you are placed when the volume control opens, tab until you get to line-in, find the mute checkbox which follows the balance and volume settings, and uncheck it with the space bar. If you don't know how to work with Windows Volume control, I can give you a link to a tutorial on the subject. Anyone who wants to record and really control and understand what they are doing needs to know how to work with it. If you are using Vista, my instructions may not apply because the volume control has changed. Any version of Windows before that, starting with Windows 95 through XP will work as I described in terms of how the Windows volume control works. The tutorial will also be applicable to any version of Windows from 95 through XP.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete De Vasto" <pdevasto@xxxxxxxxxxx>