[audacity4blind] Re: Keyboard commands do not work

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 19:32:31 -0600

I think we are having a miscommunication.  I don't want to save a file
with labels to mark places for future work.  I want to be able to record
something, edit it, and save the final version.  for example, I may want
to remove commercials from a radio broadcast.

All of the movement and selection commands you described will work without
the use of labels but there is no way to move by the tiny increments I
wish to move by.  the control left and right arrow and control shift left
and right arrow commands move by perhaps seven seconds, as a rough guess.
that makes doing precise editing cumbersome.  The c command you discuss
provides a preview of what an edit will sound like and is useful.  I
didn't know about that command before.  But it doesn't provide the
intuitive means of working with the material as what I described in
earlier messages does, that is, the ability to issue a command to hear the
file play from exactly where the left selection point is and play a few
seconds farther into the file and to be able to do the same thing where I
set the end selection point.

Gene