[audacity4blind] Re: Does One Need JAWS Scripts?

  • From: "Gary Campbell" <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 02:20:47 -0600

Hi Daveed,

There doesn't exist a NVDA counterpart to the scripts.  I've thought of
writing one-- I think it only fitting that a free audio editing program have
the best support possible in a free screen reader.  I wrote a program to do
some of the conversion of a JAWS script to Python for NVDA, and I was going
to start working on making a NVDA package for Audacity, but I've gotten into
other things, and it will take a while to revive my memory of Python and the
NVDA architecture that has been replaced by Lisp (for Audacity and Emacs)
during the past few months.

Mark, thank you for your kind words about the script.  I will save them to
aid in responding to the comments about "playing the computer for hours...".
:-)

Gary

From: Mark Kirkham <mark.kirkham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx