[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with JAWS question

  • From: "Orlando Enrique Fiol" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ofiol" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 23:51:18 -0400

At 04:12 PM 5/9/2020, Gary Campbell wrote:
>I would be very disappointed too if I had to press PassKeyThrough every time I wanted to press a bracket! What language keyboard are you using?

I'm using English U.S.

>If the Announce Audacity Messages quick setting is on, it should speak the position. If not, it will be silent, but it should still be passed to Audacity.� Announce Audacity Messages is on does it speak the position
?
Yes, positions are announced.

>If you could please tell me about your computing environment that might help me or someone else figure out what's going on.

I use the latest build of Windows 10 with the latest JAWS

2020 update. I also have NVDA and Window-eyes installed. I use my built-in motherboard sound card for speech and a Focusrite USB interface for audio.
This bracket problem has always plagued me with the JAWS scripts for Audacity. I'm also very annoyed by the help message that appears whenever Audacity and the script are launched.
Thanks,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Charlotte, North Carolina
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line