[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with JAWS question

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 14:12:27 -0600

Hi Orlando,

I would be very disappointed too if I had to press PassKeyThrough every time I wanted to press a bracket!  What language keyboard are you using?  If the Announce Audacity Messages quick setting is on, it should speak the position.  If not, it will be silent, but it should still be passed to Audacity.  If Announce Audacity Messages is on does it speak the position?

If you could please tell me about your computing environment that might help me or someone else figure out what's going on.

Thanks.

Gary

On 5/8/2020 9:43 PM, Orlando Enrique Fiol (Redacted sender ofiol for DMARC) wrote:

At 10:42 PM 5/8/2020, Adrian wrote:
>I just tried the bracket keys on mine & they worked fine.
>I just hit left bracket to start & right bracket to end selection.
>I know from experience that things work differently for some users.
With every version of those JAWS scripts, not only do my bracket keys not speak when I press them, they don't execute my selections. I wonder if we're running different scripts.

Orlando

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line
unsubscribe