[audacity4blind] Re: Amplification

  • From: "Sean Paul" <newsandtraffic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:04:18 -0400

You can set your recording levels in your control panel then use gain after you
record. I prefer this method over using amplification as I have more control
over it and can make small changes as I need to make them without the
possibility of effecting my recording. I set my mic levels lower than probably
most folks do so that I can increase them through gain. This helps me aleviate
the background noise which is produced by the room that I record in. Even
though I do use & recommend a dynamic mic, you're still going to get some
background noise especially if you've your mic settings cranked up.