[audacity4blind] Re: Adjustment Of Playback Speed Slider

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:53:07 -0600

Don't work with the slider. Open the effects menu, open the change speed dialog, type a number in the edit field, then either change the speed or preview the effect. You must select the material you want to change. If you want to change an entire file, use control a. This must be done before doing anything in the change speed dialog. Often, typing a number like 3, for 3 percent or 5 for five percent will provide desired results. You will have to experiment but I find that many recordings are corrected or roughly corrected with 5 percent. This may not be true in your case or experience. To lower the speed, place a minus sign before the number such as -5.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete De Vasto" <pdevasto@xxxxxxxxxxx>