[atari7800] Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:28:19 +0100

Hi there!

You can download the 7800 BIOS from my web site:
http://www.atari7800.org/emulation.htm.
The old one had a couple of wrong bytes at the end; it didn't seem to affect
any games, only the diagnostic cartridge.

Thanks!

Meanwhile I found a lot of bugs in my data conversion tool, so that's mostly where my problems came from. For example when doing the 3276 and 1054 swaps, I ended up with the wrong MSB/LSB order, thus 0001 for example was read as 0100 and so rendered transparent... ;-)

Last problem I think I have is that a bitmap stores it's data line by line (complete scanlines), while I think on the 7800 side I need to have the data organized per zone...

(There goes another day struggling with C rather than doing some fun assembly things... ;-))

Hm... just another small question, is the data in a zone organized like this:

012
345
678

or this:

036
147
358

For the moment I'll assume the first, since after all the whole system is scanline based, or? ;-)

Greetings,
        Manuel