[atari7800] Mode 160B don't works for me...
- From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
- To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:40:38 +0100
Phew... I'm trying this for hours now, but I don't get to display anything
in this mode. Meanwhile I tried so many things, actually by pure accident
alone I should've managed to get at least some garbage displayed on the
Ok, what did I do so far...
I wrote a program that strips of the header of a 16-color windows Bitmap,
does the bitwise swapping of the 2-Bit pairs as described in the 7800
(First I'm changing the nibbles 4,8&12 to 13-14, leaving 0 as transparent)
That results in a 16000 byte data block I simply include in my source file.
My Code does this:
- It writes %01000000 to the CRTL register
- It writes dummy values to all color registers.
- It sets the DLL pointer, then loops forever.
My DL entries look like this:
I attached the full source and my converted bitmap. My last hope is that
one of you will see what I'm doing wrong here...
Other related posts: