[atari7800] Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:32:14 +0100

I attached the full source and my converted bitmap. My last hope is that one of you will see what I'm doing wrong here...

What size is the binary you are getting? I'm asking because the source code you posted starts with an "ORG $4F00" which would not result in a proper 48K file. I'm not sure how gracefully the emulator or a78sign would handle such a binary, but you also set the 7800 status bytes at the end of the ROM in such a way that the signature key would be created for the full ROM from $4000-$FF7F. Therefore some random data would be inluded in the calculation, and the 7800 BIOS probably won't let your ROM pass the singnature key check. Maybe setting the first ORG to $4000 would fix your problem?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg