[atari7800] Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:07:45 +0100

Hi there!

The third line has "%100001001", I think there is an extra digit there
since that's 9 bits.

I see, Ok I fixed that.

The second problem I believe is with the Width part of the entry. I
don't think 0 is valid for a Width.

Hm... you mean the 4th byte, yes? I was experimenting here in some lines, as the guide said:

"There is an added bonus to five byte headers. Because the end of
DMA is indicated by the presence of a zero in the second byte of
a header, and in a five byte header the width byte is not the
second but the fourth, a width of zero is valid in an extended
header, and will be interpreted as a value of 32."

If you try 1 (which is the 2's
complement of 31) you actually get something on the screen.

Hm... I still don't...

Now all entries are in the form of:

.byte   $00,%11000000,$80,%00000001,0
.byte   $20,%11000000,$80,%00000001,64
.byte   $40,%11000000,$80,%00001001,128
.byte   $00,$00

Which emulator are you using?
I just upgraded WIN MESS to version 0.88 yesterday.

(Notable here is, that since updating MESS it now complains about the CRC of my 7800 ROM which it still accepted the other day in the older MESS version...)

Greetings,
        Manuel