Re: [artworks] Positioning of dialogue boxes.

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:25:25 +0200

In message <4ef15544fabric@xxxxxxx>
          Brian Carroll <bric@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <d4583ff14e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
> Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> ... That means that ArtWorks has no way of finding out about
>> the split using OS interface, so it cannot do better than it
>> does unless Geminus offered an interface to extract the
>> required information (of which I am not aware).

> But if even only 1 person is using Geminius couldn't you help him
> without impeding other users by not opening any boxes in the
> centre of the screen?

No, because the centre of the screen is precisely the position where
new dialogue boxes should be opened. That is standard RISC OS
behaviour. I see no problems with adding special code to cater for
Geminus but that is only possible if Geminus offers an interface to
get at the required information. I think there is such an interface
but I have not seen any documentation yet. I will investigate.