Re: [artworks] Positioning of dialogue boxes.

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:43:18 +0100

In message <4ef0d7b3b4kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Kell  <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10 Jun, <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If I switch to a lower screen the pane windows are at the top. More
>> annoyingly if I switch to a higher screen they appear at the bottom
>> covering up the icon bar.
>
> That's because there's a bit set in the templates definition that says
> "keep on screen". Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!) you can't edit
> Artworks' template files, so it's something that only Martin could change.
>
> I can't think of any reason not to change this behaviour: often it is
> useful to move a window off-screen to get at another window. And the
> colour bar happily goes off-screen, so I can't see why it wouldn't work
> just as well for the panes.

"From the time we begin to know,
"We live and learn, but not the wiser grow"

I have just found two tick boxes in the ArtWorks 2 choices which
control the keeping of the info bar and Toolbox  on screen.

There is more to ArtWorks than meets the eye!

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk