[artworks] Positioning of dialogue boxes.

  • From: Kell <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:31:37 +0100

Now that I am using Geminus with two screens, I have noticed
inconsistencies in the positioning of Artworks dialogue boxes.

There are three possibilities:
Ctrl-f1: Document info  - opens at pointer position;
Ctrl-f2: New colour     - opens where last opened;
Ctrl-f3: Edit colour    - opens where last opened;
Ctrl-f4: Line thickness - opens at pointer position;
Ctrl-f5: Line ends      - opens at centre of screen;
Ctrl-f6: Arrowheads     - opens at centre of screen;
Ctrl-f7: Dash pattern   - opens at centre of screen;
Ctrl-f8: Join style     - opens at centre of screen;
Ctrl-f9: Alignment      - opens where last opened;
Ctrl-Sh-f4: separations - opens at pointer position
etc etc.

It's the ones that open at the centre of screen which are annoying,
because they straddle the two monitors, and have to be moved before they
can be used. (True also of error messages, but I expect that's hard wired
into the OS.)

An alternative to the centre of screen would be the centre of the working
window, or, better, where last opened (so you could ensure all dialogue
boxes appearing on the right screen leaving the working document clear on
the left).

Of course, there must be precious few users of Artworks who are using two
screens, so it would be unreasonable of me to expect any major changes
solely at my behest!

But if this was easy to change....

Regards,

--