Re: [artworks] More AW Drawing Aids

  • From: Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:58:02 +0100

In message <51e452170eriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What are the possibilities that future AW releases will feature more
> drawing aids - this will encourage me to keep using this excellent
> program for as long as possible. Two things which come to mind are...

> 1. Feather tool
> 2. Contour tool

> Having neither of these increases the complexity and time to create
> what should be a relatively straight forward graphic.

> What do others think? It may be that I'm the only one who uses AW in
> this way - if that is the case then I doubt these will be implemented.

I have wanted a contour tool in Artworks for years but 'the complexity
of the programming' has made it one of the lesser required tools
I also suspect it is one of those tools most users don't realise how
useful it would be until shown

? Make text slightly bolder/ lighter where there is no bold / light
font - without distortions
? Have a true thicker 'outline' without eating into shape or text
? Create graduated fills, textures and photo images in (thick) lines
? create offset shadows with repel lines around the main objects

the feather tool while nice - might be painfully slow in use - ??

nick k