Re: [artworks] More AW Drawing Aids

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:53:54 +0100

On 16 Jun at 17:09, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is my effort to draw "Yin-yang" featured in the excellent Xara
> tutorials.
>
> http://artworks.riscos.org.uk
>
> What are the possibilities that future AW releases will feature more
> drawing aids - this will encourage me to keep using this excellent
> program for as long as possible. Two things which come to mind are...
>
> 1. Feather tool 2. Contour tool
>
> Having neither of these increases the complexity and time to create
> what should be a relatively straight forward graphic.

Not too sure what these would do but I suspect a feather tool would
enable more realistic shadowing, including penumbras.  I would be in
favour of that.

> What do others think? It may be that I'm the only one who uses AW in
> this way - if that is the case then I doubt these will be implemented.

My other request is for the PDF loading to include handling of text
lines.  And perhaps to import shadows.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/