[AR] Re: Turbopump

  • From: Korey Kline <k2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:53:17 -0400

http://www.hybrids.com/falcon.htm

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Lloyd Droppers <ldroppers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My google-fu was not strong but it turned up this appalling backronym
"Force Application and Launch from the CONtinental United States" as an
alternative to Anthony's acronym, but I think they are the same program. It
looks like this is a program that has evolved a fair bit over its life. The
fact that names kestrel and falcon were used by spaceX, and that spaceX was
part of the program doesn't not make the search any easier.

As far as I can test the FALCON program was broken into two bits, the
hypersonic reentry vehicle called the CAV or HTV, and the small launch
vehicle (SLV) also named the Kestrel. It looks like the Kestrel SLV phase I
was originally awarded to 9 organizations in 2003,
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/rocketscience-03zzi.html.

But this was a DARPA award for ~$500k in the 2000's and those usually end
with a paper study and sometimes labscale experiments and those are usually
only given to DARPA and almost never published for a general audience with
any technical detail at all. Four teams were given much larger phase II
~$10M; Lockheed Martin with a hybrid rocket, Microcosm with pressure fed
biprop, SpaceX with their Falcon 1, and Airlaunch with their vapor pressure
fed engines. (
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ast/media/Developments_Concepts_Feb_2008.pdf
)

Without knowing which of the nine Anthony worked on we can't really say
anything more. But given the four phase II vehicle architectures I think a
electric pump would have be on one of the five unselected options, unless
LockMart used it to pump the LOX, and as such I would be surprised if any
details exist for the general public on the variant that Anthony worked on.

Lloyd

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Anthony Cesaroni <acesaroni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It was a USAF/DARPA TTO program in the mid-2000s. Force Applied
Continental US got abbreviated to Falcon somehow. A mobile, Atlas size
vehicle. The guided, hypersonic re-entry vehicle was code named CAV for
common aero vehicle. Launch on demand or optionally the “Walker
Constellation” and de-orbit on demand. It was accused of breaking space
based weapons treaties but seeing it was non-nuclear, it found a hole in
the language.

Спасибо товарищ!

Anthony J. Cesaroni

President/CEO

Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

http://www.cesaronitech.com/

(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota

(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

From: "Russell Blink" <russblink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, October 19, 2015 5:58 pm
To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you need a bit more power try the 3080 model:

http://www.lehner-motoren.com/doc/man_30_series_en_11_2013.pdf

30kw and 50K rpm, around 40HP