[AR] Re: Turbopump

  • From: Anthony Graziani <tjgraz11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:48:40 -0400

Peter,

I'm not very experienced in pump design, in fact that was my first attempt
at modeling a impeller.

I rounded the edges of the vanes because I thought sharp corners might
cause cavitation, although I could be wrong.

I've read through Trygve Dahl's paper, but some of the information is hard
to comprehend without diagrams or prior knowledge. I'll have to read it
again because I've obviously missed a lot...

Thanks for the comments.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Monroe L. King Jr. <
monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, Peter and Lloyd came out with the 2 prototype designs for the AR
pump.

There are others that will get credits as well as anyone that
contributes to the ongoing development. So, yeah I consider it the "AR
Turbopump Project" Any tidbit that goes into the actual design will be
considered a contribution.

Others have already contributed 3D prints of the impellers some CAD work
ect... Besides the original design work.

Looking forward to some testing and pumping or grenade and develop :)

Anthony don't forget you have to dynamic balance it. :)