[AR] Re: Roll control...

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:07:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Henry Vanderbilt wrote:

With single-axis gimbaling, apart from having half as many gimbal mechanisms, you can run propellant feeds in along the axis to use rotary joints instead of flexible lines...

Flexible lines are OTS catalog items, cheap, and very reliable.

So are rotary fluid seals, I believe, although I've never gone shopping for them (and propellant compatibility would complicate things). The coupling design isn't a big deal if the seals don't cause trouble.

Too easy to get bogged down in developing such things though.

Agreed, there's an issue to be considered there.