[AR] Re: PEPCON AP explosion report

  • From: Bruce Beck <bbeck7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 11:18:57 -0600

All explosives have a critical diameter which is defined as minimum
diameter below which detonation will not propagate.When you get to large
diameter charges like 55 gallon barrels(2.5 feet) it is conceivable that
200micron AP charges might be able to propagate a detonation.It would be
interesting to know weather research of this sort has been undertaken and
what the results are.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM, James Padfield <james.padfield@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You mean, if the AP is preheated, then it is more likely to go bang?

On 20 July 2015 at 19:01, Monroe L. King Jr. <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Heat