[AR] Re: ORS-4 ("Super Strypi") Hawaii launch delayed

  • From: George Herbert <george.herbert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:59:33 -0800

...the Titan IVA. The Delta whose GEM was cracked in handling. ...

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2015, at 6:28 PM, Rand Simberg <simberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Like the 34D right after the Challenger loss, at Vandenberg, which could have
killed a lot of people in Lompoc if the wind had been blowing a different
direction?

On 2015-11-03 12:47, Henry Vanderbilt wrote:
Bill - where in that do you count liquid boosters that failed due to a
solid strap-on failure? I recall several such even without looking up
the records, which suggests this may be a statistically worthwhile
subcategory to break out.
Henry
On 11/3/2015 11:26 AM, rcktman (Redacted sender rcktman for DMARC) wrote:
Uwe:
The data set of all launches to orbit 1980 - 2010 shows solid rockets
having about 1/2 the failure rate of liquid rockets.
Bill
Sent from my Commodore 64.