Re: [ARMini-support] armini-support Digest V1 #114

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:38:06 +0000 (GMT)

On 11 Nov, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53a8db2b64jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you have a "better" MDF I'd be happy to try it. Similarly if
> > anyone else has an HD 50Hz mode MDF.

> Here is the one I am using:

Alas, I already had that in my main MDF list. It doesn't work OK here I'm
afraid. I get various red pixels show up in dark areas or trailing from the
horizontal edges of windows, etc. (This also happened with the earlier
version of the OS).

In general if I try any 'HD' modes above 50Hz I get such effects. If I try
lower frame rates I get no display and the monitor tells me the input is
out of its range. I *can* use higher frame rates if I drop the resolution,
but that tends to make the displayed quality less satisfactory.

Hence my current work-around. Which I'm fairly happy with at present. Thus
my reason for reporting it here. If anyone else gets a similar problem then
starting up in a lower pixel-rate desktop mode may then allow you to switch
to HD successfully.

Jim