Re: [ARMini-support] SaveCMOS glitch

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:13:50 GMT

In message <0e9c187252.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I received my CMOS widget today so followed the instructions to
> download the !CMOStool application and to save the CMOS settings to
> file.  I then installed the widget, reloaded the CMOS settings and
> rebooted, as per the instructions.

> The thing that was instantly obvious before reloading the settings was
> that !Clock on the iconbar had reverted from the User defined format
> to the Analogue format.  So I expected reloading the settings to put
> that back to what I had set.

> It didn't.

> There's something not quite right somewhere.  Looking inside !CMOStool
> I see that it works by issuing *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands at the
> appropriate times.

> I also recall having continual problems with the clock display
> reverting to the analogue format under RO3.1 on an A5000.  I've never
> had that problem under RO5 on an Iyonix so some bug fixing has
> happened.  BTW I see from my RO3 PRMs that I discovered that the alarm
> settings in RO3 were in byte 220, though that information was missing
> from the PRM.

> So it looks like one or both of the *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands
> are missing something out.  Are other bytes being affected?  I can't
> see any other changes.

*LoadCMOS should take several seconds to work.  If it doesn't, try
again.  Sometimes it returns immediately, and doesn't work.  This
appears to be a problem with *LoadCMOS.  You'll notice that when it
works, you get an hourglass for about 10 seconds.

Note that since the SaveCMOS bit seems to work every time, you can't
go wrong with this process - just click the LoadCMOS (last step)
button again until you get the lengthy load.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS