Re: [ARMini-support] SaveCMOS glitch

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:49:53 GMT

In message <1720097352.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <bc93e87252.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  on 19 Mar 2012 A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> So it looks like one or both of the *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands
>>> are missing something out.  Are other bytes being affected?  I can't
>>> see any other changes.

> Well actually I later realised that the CD icon was missing from the
> iconbar.  As I don't have a CD drive fitted I'm wondering why it's
> there ;-)

If your ARMini doesn't have a CD drive, it'll have the ability to
mount ISO CD imagines instead, so that you can still access CDs
virtually.  To do this, you need a CD drive configured, so there is
one :)

For example, some CD-based software is available for download as ISO.

>> *LoadCMOS should take several seconds to work.  If it doesn't, try
>> again.  Sometimes it returns immediately, and doesn't work.  This
>> appears to be a problem with *LoadCMOS.  You'll notice that when it
>> works, you get an hourglass for about 10 seconds.

> Ah, now there was no way I would have known that without being told.
> Perhaps adding a warning message to the application is something to
> consider.

That was one of those "we only spotted it at after we went to press"
things.  When I have a few minutes, I'll update the Readme file with
the tool.  The problem is finding those few free minutes :(

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS