[ARMini-support] SaveCMOS glitch

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:22:17 GMT

I received my CMOS widget today so followed the instructions to
download the !CMOStool application and to save the CMOS settings to
file.  I then installed the widget, reloaded the CMOS settings and
rebooted, as per the instructions.

The thing that was instantly obvious before reloading the settings was
that !Clock on the iconbar had reverted from the User defined format
to the Analogue format.  So I expected reloading the settings to put
that back to what I had set.

It didn't.

There's something not quite right somewhere.  Looking inside !CMOStool
I see that it works by issuing *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands at the
appropriate times.

I also recall having continual problems with the clock display
reverting to the analogue format under RO3.1 on an A5000.  I've never
had that problem under RO5 on an Iyonix so some bug fixing has
happened.  BTW I see from my RO3 PRMs that I discovered that the alarm
settings in RO3 were in byte 220, though that information was missing
from the PRM.

So it looks like one or both of the *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands
are missing something out.  Are other bytes being affected?  I can't
see any other changes.

Regards

Andrew
--