Re: [ARMini-support] IMPORTANT: ARMini OS update 3 now live

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:58:23 GMT

In message <op.v91fh7nxj3f71s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          albutat <albutat@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Since the OS update results in my SCSI drive not being found
> I tried the following:

> ESC
> *conf.files.scsi
> *conf.scsifsdr.4
> *conf.lmt.ip
> *dir scsi::4.$
> *!boot

> Got me to the desktop after skipping the error box.
> Changed setting in configure CD 0 Floppy 0 SCSI 1
> Menu clicked Save CMOS and rebooted.

> waiting for boot drive to be ready;escape to cancel

For the benefit of others, I when reporting problems I think people
should probably state if they are ARMini or BB users (Beagleboard
Support Scheme).

AFAIK, Patric is a BB user, so will/may have a different disc setup to
ARMini users.

Also, PLEASE remember that we prefer to deal with problems privately,
as it can have the effect of worrying people unnecessarily.

Anyway, to the problem at hand - we had trouble with earlier,
pre-release builds of 5.18 starting USB devices in the wrong order.
This was finally resolved over the weekend.  For our test kit (a
selection of ARMinis), we're seeing the same device order as 5.17 and
5.19 now.

It would be helpful to know if Patric's drive is appearing at all.
Also, how is it connected, and what type of device it is.  I'll
address this with him privately.

If the drive doesn't appear at all, it probably suggests a power
issue.  If it is coming up in the wrong order, then this could be
related to the problems we dealt with previously with the 5.18 build.

Best wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS