Re: [ARMini-support] Help! Unusable ARMX6

  • From: Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:47:44 GMT

In message <f8446a3455.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I now do a normal start-up of the ARMX6 I get a whole series of
unhelpful error messages, starting with one that just says "unknown",
and then several "Application may have gone wrong", not specifying
which application, and then, very sinister, "Filer may have gone
wrong". The only way out of this is the off switch.

While the ARMX6 is starting up, you will see the banner message:
"RISC OS 2048MB

Cortex-A9 processor

Acorn SCSIFS"

Press Escape until you see the '*' prompt. You now have a usable
machine. Type *DESKTOP and you should be able to copy the backup !Boot
from SDFS to SSD and retry.
--
Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>