Re: [ARMini-support] Errors/freezes (longish)

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:36:59 +0100

On 26 Mar 2012  Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2012  Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> As people seem to find that quitting NewIcons doesn't do any harm, I'm
>> doing an experiment. I use two utilities, Delay, which lets you delay
>> the running of a file, and FilerHRun, which can issue a command to
>> close an app. I've made an obey file which closes NewIcons using
>> FilerHRun, and I shall make Delay run this file a few seconds after
>> start-up. I think it will work, and I'll report back if there are any
>> snags.

> Sorry to say that getting rid of NewIcons isn't the whole story, for
> me at any rate.

Another one of these crashes, together with loss of network, when the
computer was inactive this morning. This names an app for once, and
looks very odd odd, but is copied and pasted from the relevant log
files:

28 Mar 07:39:31 002 80000001: Error from Messenger Pro: Internal
error: abort on instruction fetch at &E1A00010

*where
Address E1A00010 is not in any module
*

28 Mar 07:39:10 064 USB12: removed

Any idea what may be happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.