Re: [ARMini-support] Errors/freezes (longish)

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 23:04:25 +0100

In article <07832b7652.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After running it for about 20 hours, heap growth is almost linear at
> 40K per hour, although there is a very slight tail-off.

> Assuming an initial size of around of 148K, that means that the the
> heap will reach the 4MB limit (presumably an OS limit? - My Iyonix
> won't let me increase the system heap beyond 4MB either) just over 4
> days later.

> Although all the evidence points to !NewIcons, after a quick
> inspection of the code I can't see anything obviously wrong - the
> only DIM instructions are at the start or in PROC0, and the latter
> only appears to be called once.

> As far as I can see, the SWI OS_FSControl looks legal, and sensible
> - it should return the canonicalised name in the buffer pointed to
> by C% (256 bytes long, created in PROC0).

Yes - these results are almost identical to the data I posted
earlier. The rate of memory leak appears to depend on the pollidle
delay, the default being 500.

I think I have eliminated OS_FSControl.

a. I have set up some simple test cases and there was no problem with
memory leaks.

b. I bypassed the results of this call in various ways, although it
was still made. The memory leak depended on what other parts of the
code was called.

--
        Chris Johnson
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx