Re: [ARMini-support] ARMini OS 4 update release - 1Ghz and faster boot

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:43:11 +0100

In message <b6f4088552.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 23 Apr 2012 A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can finally unveil the worst kept secret in ARMini history - OS
> Update 4, with 1Ghz support for your little friend :)

[snip]

> The update is available now on the ARMini downloads site at the usual
> address.  Today, we're calling it "beta" pending feedback, but all
> being well I'll be removing that tag later in the week.  So, if you're
> un-sure, feel free to wait a week.

> Anyway, the update is working fine here, and will be on shipping
> machines at the show this weekend.

> Important - we recommend that you have OS Update 3 installed and
> working prior to OS Update 4.  It isn't strictly necessary, but it is
> probably sensible.

I have just started experiencing problems that appear to be due to the
OS update.  They started in StrongED where using the cursor keys to
move through a file resulted in an "abort on instruction fetch" error.

This was followed by FileCore errors with the first in Messenger and
then ones from StrongED.  On rebooting and attempting to write this
email using the backspace key caused a problem in EmailEdit, followed
by more FileCore errors.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andrew