Re: [ARMini-support] ARMini OS 4 update release - 1Ghz and faster boot

  • From: Chris Hughes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:10:12 +0100

In message <3c29d48f52.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <c8df108b52.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>        Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I've successfully upgraded to 5.19.
> [SNIP]

>> In fact, not only does it all work, but a long-standing issue I had
>> with Sunfish (NFS client that I use to access a NAS) seems to have
>> gone away. Although the actual Sunfish s/w worked once the machine
>> had booted, it wouldn't automatically remount the remote discs on a
>> reboot. I'd put this down to the network not being fully up by the
>> time that Sunfish was run.
>>
>> However, under 5.19 all the saved mounts appear on boot, which is
>> another nice improvement to add to the others.

> I spoke too soon.

> Now, when I boot, I get back to the problem I had when I first upgraded
> to 5.19 - no network (and hence no Sunfish shares).

> However, if I then immediately do a restart, it all works. Any
> suggestions as to cause and/or cure?

Oddly enough I have started seeing this after I installed my widget
with OS 5.18.

I sometimes have to da *RNREINIT etherusb after it finishing getting
to the desktop to get a network connection - but not always! Sometimes
it just works.....

Already reported it as an issue to R-Comp.

--
Chris Hughes
Sorry you have missed the Wakefield Show now.