Re: [ARMini-support] ARMini OS 4 update release - 1Ghz and faster boot

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:52:50 +0100

On 14 May 2012  Chris Hughes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <3c29d48f52.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <c8df108b52.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>        Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I've successfully upgraded to 5.19.
>> [SNIP]

>>> In fact, not only does it all work, but a long-standing issue I had
>>> with Sunfish (NFS client that I use to access a NAS) seems to have
>>> gone away. Although the actual Sunfish s/w worked once the machine
>>> had booted, it wouldn't automatically remount the remote discs on a
>>> reboot. I'd put this down to the network not being fully up by the
>>> time that Sunfish was run.
>>>
>>> However, under 5.19 all the saved mounts appear on boot, which is
>>> another nice improvement to add to the others.

>> I spoke too soon.

>> Now, when I boot, I get back to the problem I had when I first upgraded
>> to 5.19 - no network (and hence no Sunfish shares).

>> However, if I then immediately do a restart, it all works. Any
>> suggestions as to cause and/or cure?

> Oddly enough I have started seeing this after I installed my widget
> with OS 5.18.

> I sometimes have to da *RNREINIT etherusb after it finishing getting
> to the desktop to get a network connection - but not always! Sometimes
> it just works.....

> Already reported it as an issue to R-Comp.

Whereas here I had lots of loss of the network, but since I did the
5.19 update, I haven't had any since.

However, today I suddenly lost the SSD on start-up (reported to
Andrew), which resulted in my checking the connections, which seemed
to be OK. A hot re-start resulted in the SSD still not being there,
but shutdown, power-off and restart restored it. Timing problem during
Boot? Ignorant guess. :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.