[argyllcms] Re: rgb printer calibration

  • From: Symphony Photography <symphonyphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 01:34:00 -0400

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Symphony Photography wrote:
>

> When you're driving into an "RGB" space which is then converted by
> some table to 12 channels, there is no direct correspondence to any
> one channel,

Thanks for the info. I've often wondered how a combo of RGB values would
correspond to an individual ink channel and if it was even possible to
linearize each channel given that there's somewhat of a translation layer
sitting in between. Unless you're using a RIP that has access to individual
channels, any patches you generate with the intent of targeting a specific
channel are just a guess and probably won't actually isolate that channel.

Cheers, Joe

--
Symphony Photography
http://www.symphonyphoto.com