[argyllcms] Re: nVidia GeForce & deep colour support in Linux

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 22:29:55 +0200

As much as I know, FirePro and Quadro drivers offer nonstandard
proprietary ways to display 10-bit images inside windowed application
over a "legacy" 8-bit desktop manager (thus the user isn't forced into
DirectX or OpenGL fullscreen exclusive rendering modes and the
developers don't need to create their own specialized user interface
for that unique display mode).

The Radeon cards from the HDMI / DisplayPort and DirectX 11.x era are
proved to work in 10 bit DirectX fullscreen display modes.
I am not sure about the Geforce cards but it should be a matter of
driver support (I bet the hardware is capable to do it since every
DX11 cards should be).