[argyllcms] Re: hplip printer driver and color management

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Krawitz" <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:22:58 +0200

I'm forwarding this query to Rob Krawitz, the Gutenprint author.

If anyone has documented the process for creating curves etc, and
supplied tools then maybe you could experiment and tell us how it goes
?

I've tried Gutenprint in the past, with default curves etc on Epson,
and could not see any improvements in the prints compared to the
proprietary driver. Except for the obvious difference: It's free
software, and it doesn't get all the bugs which the native drivers are
increasingly subject to. Depending on whether you're Bill Gates or
not, that's a fault or a virtue :)

Edmund