[argyllcms] Re: how to verify measured target values

  • From: "Mike Russell" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:31:10 -0800

Mike Russell wrote:
It seems to me that one method would be to compare the patches from the ti3 file with their nominal values from the ti1 file, looking for any with a very large differences. Has anyone done this, or is there another way to verify that the measured patch values are reasonable?

From: "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Excel ? (or OpenOffice spread sheet ?)

Thanks, Graeme.  Fair enough.

Usually just running profcheck with -v, and capturing the output
will lead you to any mismatch between device values, since
at that point the delta E will suddenly jump (assuming a skipped
patch or something similar).

I'm getting a max deltaE of about 4 from the profile command.  Yet my inkjet
prints based on this profile are very washed out and yellow, due to red and
green being added at relatively high levels in the shadow, starting at
RGB(0,0,0).  Blue does not show up in the shadow until about Lab(15,0,0).
Would you have a recommendation on where I should start looking first for
the problem?

Here's the profile command that I used:
profile -v -qm -S sRGB.icm -cmt -dpp -A"Epson" -M ESCP -D"Epson SCP
glossy" -C "Copyright (c) 2006 Mike Russell" glossy

My patch values are collected using ColorPort, and translated using cpxchg,
so I'm on uncharted waters there as well.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/