[argyllcms] rgb output profiling

  • From: <tresorjoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:05:24 +0100

dear graeme

with the rgb output profiling method for rgb printer profiling we have
succeeded very well to
create high-quality profiles using the targen, printtarg, printread and profile
pre-compiled executables.

right now we're only facing one manual modifications in order to achieve the
optimal result:

printtarg exports a ps file with black and green spacers. it would be perfect
for us if the spacers
between the patches could be just black and white. is there anything we can do
to get this?
right now we're opening the ps file, selecting the green spacers and deleting
them...

we're using e.g. "targen -d3 -e5 -s10 -g15 -m7 -f0 name" to make a target
definition
(the -d3 flag is because it was the only way to get ps compatible rgb values
for our workflow)
and then e.g. "printtarg -i41 -b -e -p 600x297 name"  to save the target in ps
format.

as we're working with the eyeone pro of ex-gretagmacbeth for patch
reading, we do this externally and enter the values with printread's -xl flag.
is there any possibility to connect the eyeone pro device yet?

best regards
joe