[argyllcms] Re: argyll 1.6.3 / colormunke smile / 32bit package segfault

  • From: "Klaas J. Wiedijk" <kwiedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 14:58:27 +0100

Quite so, I couldn't agree more. In my case particularly because I own a DTP94 which isn't detected by 1.6.3 (it was by 1.6.0 which I lost because of HD cleansing....) Or otherwise; is there a way to grab an earlier version of Argyll than 1.6.3 in .rpm 64 format?

Running PCLinuxOS here.

      Thanks beforehand, regards, Klaas.

On 11-12-14 14:38, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

    > Which brings us to the following possibly annoying question,
    would you mind
    > divulging a rough estimate on when a new argyll release might be
    expected?

    Hard to say - there's code in the beta that isn't ready for
    release yet,
    and I can't say how long that will take. Pulling it out is about the
    only option for a quick release of V1.7

Well the ColorMunki Smile / 32bit issue isn't a big issue for me personally... I just happened to stumble upon it...

Still, it seems there are lots of small improvements that would be rather nice to have in the current beta.

If a 1.7 release is still fairly far away, having an intermediate release might make sense. I'd certainty appreciate it.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

--
tel: +31206793555