[argyllcms] argyll 1.6.3 / colormunke smile / 32bit package segfault

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:34:45 +0100

Hi,

Today, I've almost accidentally stumbled upon an issue I'm having with
argyll 1.6.3 and the colormunki smile on 32bit systems (it's been a while
since I touched one), but it only happens under very specific conditions.

My 64bit package +cmsmile = no issue
My 32bit package + cmsmile= issue
My 32bit package + i1d3 = no issue
a local 32bit build + cmsmile = no issue

So that would highly suggest the issue is being triggered by the
Debian/Ubuntu package build environment. Presumably it might try to pass
certain CFLAGS or something along those lines.

Running the resulting dispcal binary in gdb, gives me this:

Starting program: /usr/bin/dispcal -v -yl test
Setting up the instrument
Place instrument on test window.
Hit Esc or Q to give up, any other key to continue:

0x08072fd0 in icompaths_clear ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08072fd0 in icompaths_clear ()
#1  0x08073024 in icompaths_del ()
#2  0x0804c8d7 in main ()
(gdb) q

Full log:
https://encrypted.pcode.nl/files/temp/dispcal.txt

Could you possibly give me some guidance as how to make Jam show me the
exact cc lines, so I can see how the binaries are being built?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn