[argyllcms] Re: Yet another cry for help with my printer profile.

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:50:06 +0000

Hi,

On 14/03/11 19:16, Leonard Evens wrote:

I adjusted the density downward slightly in gutenprint's settings, and I
got the middle tones right, but the gamma is a bit off because the
lowest tones are slightly too light.  The color seem to be right on.  I
can probably get something very close to what I need by fiddling more
with gutenprint's settings,  but I feel I should be working more with
the profile instead.

One thing that might be causing your issue is if your ambient lighting's not as bright as the colour appearance model Argyll uses thinks it should be. That would make the monitor appear brighter, and prints appear dimmer, so both effects would contribute to your problem. Try the -cmd -dpp parameters for colprof. This specifies "Monitor in dim viewing conditions" and "practical reflection print". I find this helps a lot, though it can cause a certain over-saturation of dark tones.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson