[argyllcms] Re: Yet another cry for help with my printer profile.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:16:42 -0500

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 22:13 +0100, edmund ronald wrote:
> Maybe the reason you should use the Pixl image is that it has
> diagnostic help? How should someone here know what your "typical"
> images look like?
> The Pixl image should also show you whether your screen is roughly ok.
> Maybe doing what is advised would waste less time for everyone?

I still don't know if I'm using the right Pixl image.  The one I found
may have diagnostic help, but if so I haven't figured out how to access
it.   Thjere is something at the website about a notes tool when  used
with photoshop, but I am working under Linux and using gimp.

There are some general comments about the gray scale, and that looks
okay to me with my display calibration/profile.

In any case, I am not asking anyone to diagnose/fix what is wrong with
my setup.  I am just asking what techniques/tools I can use to do that
myself.