[argyllcms] Re: Plasma TV (Pana G20) + ColorMunki + HD5450 + ArgyllCMS -> HELP!

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:26:11 +0100

I think I will try to measure through the gray levels (R=G=B =
0..1...255) with linear VGA LUT and with the perceptually most frendly
looking hardware setting (when it seems that the hardware processing
preserves the most available color shades) to see if it really has 256
gray shades and what shape they show.

But what do you think about the irrational 2D CIE gamut diagramm?
Should I make the profile with normal integration times? (And may be
edit the profile later to correct the gamma value if the normal mode
misreads the black and the guessed average gamma is wrong...?)
Or should I measure the primaries with normal mode, the grays with
adaptive mode and merge the ti3 files before I create a "single gamma
+ matrix" profile?

So, if the report says the precision is 8+ bit then I shouldn't bother
about a test where I handle the plasma display as a projector screen?
(to help the dithering work...)