[argyllcms] Re: Windows 8.1 color munki drivers

  • From: Mathieu GRENET <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 08:28:10 +0200

Le 04/09/2013 02:07, Al Robertson a écrit :
Dear Graeme and Mathieu,

Back to an earlier note...

Maybe a dummy .cat file containing an invalid signature rather than
being empty might succeed ?
I looked at the .CAT files for 1.6.0 and found that they contained the
following text. Perhaps that is causing a problem.  If so, a simple
zero-byte .CAT file might be another way to make this work.
Zero cats does not do on mine. It just complain about missing signature information in the INF file. the same message I got when removing cat lines from INF file.
"This file will contain the digital signature of the files to be installed
on the system.
This file will be provided by Microsoft upon certification of your drivers."

Also, I tried installing the 1.6.0 ColorMunki (Argyll) driver on Win8.1
64-bit, build 9471 using Argyll's instructions for disabling digital
signature checking on Win8. This isn't quite the final version of the OS,
but it is recent.
I've got version 9431 french localized.

I didn't have the hardware, so used Control Panel/Device Manager/Add Legacy
Hardware -> Install the hardware that I manually select from a list
(Advanced) -> Show All Devices -> Have Disk.

Surprisingly, the unmodified driver installed fine. I don't know what
accounts for the difference.

Best regards,
Al