[argyllcms] Re: Spotread stalling sometimes under Windows

  • From: François Simond <color@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:52:45 +0100

Spotread for Windows is affected by a finicky bug when driving a
X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter, which I tried to understand and
identify for a while.

I'm interested in knowing more.

Alright I managed to reproduce a similar issue with a i1 Pro spectro
as sensor instead.
The log corresponding was added to the repository.

So it's not only with the i1 Display Pro driver, more like Windows
spotread behavior on a machine slow or under load.
Linux spotread is unaffected.

Note: the stress test attached launches spotread with the -N argument,
this way it can proceed as-is with an instrument demanding calibration
like the i1 Pro as long as it was completed earlier.

--
François