[argyllcms] Re: Spotread stalling sometimes under Windows

  • From: François Simond <color@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:43:28 +0100

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

François Simond wrote:

Hi,

Spotread for Windows is affected by a finicky bug when driving a
X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter, which I tried to understand and
identify for a while.

I'm interested in knowing more.

I just found how and committed a few changes that makes the bug a lot
faster to trigger, I was afraid it would be too difficult to reproduce
otherwise.
CPU load does the trick!

Here is a repository with log files of occurrences and the source of
the demo program used to trigger it.

Sorry, I can't see anything intelligible when browsing
this repository. There just seem to be some random
binary files under the objects directory, and that's all.

Oh sorry I forgot:

To get the repository locally
git clone http://git.supercur.io/spotread-windows-stall-demo/

For the commit history: