[argyllcms] Re: Spectrolino / (Spectroscan ) External power supply

  • From: Magnus Wallden <magnus.wallden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 13:45:31 +0200

Hi !

Thanks !

The Spectroscan seems to works ok, I made earlier today a simple test whit
Chartread, a fejked target and
a print and get as result a ...ti3-file whit some (real)  values.
The connection was a "modemcable"  dsub25 to dsub9 ant this worked whitout
problem.

The Spectrolino "mode" dont work, for this it need a external power supply,
 or a 8p minidin extension for power from spectroscan.

There is an extension  Spectrolino to Mac  8p-minidin male  both end, and
the
cable has a connection box whit the typical ( I dont know the name) laptop
power connection,
that whit about 5-6 mm dia outline and a hole for a pin, but no polarity and
no voltage.

It is easy to fix the power, but more difficult to guess the voltage and
polarity, so this is the question.
( Perhaps I have to figure out how it is connected  and them measure it.)

regards
Magnus W