[argyllcms] Re: Spectrolino / (Spectroscan ) External power supply

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 20:29:20 +1000

Magnus Wallden wrote:
Can someone tell me the Output voltage and polarity
from the external power supply ?

Hmm. The spectroscan has it's own power supply, and typically
runs from the mains (110V/240V depending where you are in world.)

and perhaps also the connection for a minidin8 female to D-sub9 male
(the adaptor )   ?

The spectroscan also has a standard 25 pin RS232 serial D type connector,
so you don't need to connect to the minidin8 if you don't have a suitable
cable. The DIP switch controls baud rate etc.

From the left:

        S1    S2
        OFF   OFF       No handshaking
        OFF   ON        Xon/Xoff
        ON    OFF       Hardware

        S3    S4    S5
        OFF   ON    OFF 1200
        OFF   ON     ON 2400
         ON  OFF    OFF 9600
         ON  OFF     ON 19200
         ON   ON    OFF 28880

If you do want to connect the 8 pin then this is the wiring to a standard 25
pin D type
on the computer:

25pin   Name    8pin    name    function
20      DTS     2       HS_OUT  Spectrolino is ready to receive data on positive
5       CTS                     voltage level
4       RTS     3       DATA_IN Data input of the Spectrolino
3       RD      4       GND
2       TD      5       DATA_OUT Data output of the Spectrolino
7       GND     6       HS_IN   Input interrupts the data transmission between

(I'm sure the 9 pin D type to 25 pin D type is on the Internet somewhere...)