[argyllcms] Re: Profile input white not mapping to output white

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:18:53 -0700

On Dec 25, 2012, at 12:09 PM, Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [. . .] set white balance from the neutral patch, set exposure compensation
> and black point (compensation for flare) so that the whitest and darkest
> patches patches read the target values [. . . .]

That's certainly the standard procedure...but give the one I outlined a try.
It's a bit more involved, yes, but I think you'll be most pleased with the
results. In particular, it takes all the guesswork out of the process, and
eliminates any possibility that (e.g.) the neutral patch isn't actually as
neutral as you thought it was, etc.

Cheers,

b&